- VOLUME 11: POLARIZED GLASSES
VOLUME 11: POLARIZED GLASSESTuesday, 25 April 2023
Discover the benefits of polarized sunglasses
If you’re someone who enjoys spending time outdoors, you’ve probably heard about polarized sunglasses. These sunglasses have become increasingly popular due to their ability to enhance visibility and protect your eyes. In this post, we’ll explore the advantages of polarized sunglasses and why you should consider purchasing a pair.
What are polarized sunglasses and how do they work?
Polarized sunglasses are designed to reduce glare from light reflected off surfaces like water, snow and roads. This glare can cause eye strain, headaches, and affect your vision, especially while driving or participating in outdoor activities. Polarized lenses have a special filter that blocks the reflected light, allowing only direct light to pass through the lens.
The filter used in polarized lenses is made up of molecules that are elongated in a particular direction. The filter blocks light rays that are perpendicular to the direction of the molecules and allows light rays that are parallel to pass through. This filtration process reduces glare and improves clarity, making it easier to see objects that would otherwise be washed out by glare.
What are the benefits of using polarized sunglasses?
- Reduced glare: As mentioned above, the primary benefit of polarized sunglasses is the reduced glare. This not only enhances clarity but also reduces eye strain, making it easier to see even in bright sunlight.
- Improved clarity and contrast: The filter in polarized lenses improves clarity by blocking out distracting reflections. This makes it easier to see objects, colors, and textures. Polarized lenses also enhance contrast, which is important in outdoor sports like skiing, where it's crucial to see shades and bumps in the snow.
- UV protection: Just like regular sunglasses, polarized lenses provide protection against harmful UV rays. This is crucial for protecting your eyes from long-term damage like cataracts and macular degeneration.
In what situations are polarized sunglasses most useful?
- Watersports: Polarized sunglasses are highly recommended for water sports like fishing, boating, and kayaking. The filter in the lenses reduces the glare coming off the water, allowing you to see fish and underwater structures more clearly.
- Driving: If you spend a lot of time driving, you’ll appreciate the reduction in glare that polarized lenses provide. This reduces eye strain and increases visibility, making it safer to drive in sunny conditions.
- Outdoor activities: If you enjoy outdoor activities like hiking and running, polarized sunglasses can help you see more clearly on sunny days. Polarized sunglasses block the glare from reflective surfaces like water, allowing you to see clearly and focus on your activity.
In conclusion, if you enjoy outdoor activities and want to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays while also improving visual clarity, then investing in a pair of polarized sunglasses is a smart choice. Polarized lenses can help to reduce glare, provide UV protection, and improve overall visual acuity, making them an essential accessory for anyone who spends time outdoors. So, take care of your eyes and invest in a high-quality pair of polarized sunglasses today!